Re: Rants about Vista UI

After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 06:19:50 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I thought the following would be of interest to the group.
>>
>> http://chris.pirillo.com/balog/_archives/2006/2/1/1739922.html
>>
>>   (title: Microsoft Windows Vista: Senile Edition)
>>
>> It comes from a Microshafter, who clearly needs virtual desktops too, but
>> doesn't seem to know the concept.
>
> He's not really taking into account that you can scale things really easily
> in Vista to make it however you want it.

If this guy is from MS, how does he miss that option?

   If most of the world wants gigantic images to click on, great - and
   I'll probably be in that boat a few decades from now. Until then, can
   y'all give us an option to shrink some of that stuff?

> Not to mention, you can always
> replace the theme like you can in XP today.

In XP?  Only if you like malware or instability.  Give me a complete
choice of window managers:  XFce, fluxbox, icewm, fvwm, sawfish,
metacity, enlightenment, kwin, GNUstep, WindowMaker, each having a wide
variety of condition-free themes.

XP can't hold a candle to the configurability of a Linux box.

What a joke.

--
Wean yourself from the Microsoft teat!