Re: (Article) Search History and Privacy

__/ [Who Turned Off The Lights?] on Saturday 04 February 2006 16:47 \__

>> This will soon reach Slashdot:
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6034666%2Ehtml
>>
>> "It's only a matter of time before other attorneys realize that a person's
>> entire search history is available for the asking, and the subpoenas begin
>> to fly. This could happen in civil lawsuits or criminal prosecutions."
>
> Whewh! I guess it's a good thing I never actually posted to
> alt.www.cockroach-cross-dressers-anonymous

<sarcasm /> Our news server does not syndicate that one, but it does
communicate with alt.www.stupid-idiot.com. Seriously, it does. I thought it
was difficult to set up newsgroups back when I was investigating the
possibility < http://www.washington.edu/computing/newsgroups/create.html >.

> Be very afraid.
>
> :-)

Erasing your Google cookie might not be of any use either, even if its
(re-)reaction is denied permanently. IP addresses contribute nothing to
anonymity and proxies can be tracked back to their origin.

With kind regards,

VISTA - Venereally-Infectious, Sexually-Transmitted Aliment
  4:50pm  up 18 days 12:06,  12 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.54, 0.58