Re: Google analytics gone loopy again?

__/ [Big Bill] on Sunday 05 February 2006 08:47 \__

> On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 04:13:08 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [--Fred--] on Sunday 05 February 2006 02:43 \__
>>
>>> "Big Bill" <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Seems to be overloaded at this time.
>>>
>>> Fred
>>
>>This must be out of the ordinary, so maybe the Urchin JavaScript does not
>>report. Can you receive any indication of visit times in GA? Perhaps you
>>can spot noticeable large gaps, which would suggest that the service is
>>overloaded. I think they recently adopted the 'invite system' as they
>>failed to cope with the demand, which is of course increasing by the day
>>with faster connections worldwise and even more clients.
>>
>>If you are only starting with GA, what statistics package were you
>>accustomed to? Different packages report entirely different figures,
>>depending on definitions.
>>
>>Roy
>
> Me? I'm not starting with it, I've had it a while. I just checked,
> it's completely kaput across three sites. It reads no visitors at all
> for any of them.

Remember that there is a true deficiency in Google Analytics. With extensions
like NoScript <
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=722&application=firefox
>, my visit to your site will not get counted. It is a gross case of XSS
(cross site scripting), which may be frowned upon by browsers. With raw
logs, on the other, delivery of file is logged at an entirely different
level. Make sure you make use of both 'worlds', not just GA.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  3:35pm  up 19 days 10:51,  11 users,  load average: 1.42, 1.19, 0.96