Re: Test Post - Ignore - Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy, 05 Feb 2006

  • Subject: Re: Test Post - Ignore - Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy, 05 Feb 2006
  • From: Black Dragon <bd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 10:42:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

[...]

>> <snip />

> Out of curiosity only, if this is a test post which ought to be ignored, why
> was it posted to the newsgroup. Does Turquoise SuperStat have no option of
> sending the report by E-mail, posting it to alt.test or writing it to a
> file?

> Again, this is no complaint, but only a fair question, I hope.

Turqstat doesn't post or email, it only outputs the stats to files. The
posting is done with a Perl script I hacked together. I did make some
postings to a test group, a couple failed because of typo's / syntax
errors. Since the last and final test was successfully posted here, I'm
now confident I can run the job from cron and not pay attention to it. I
hope that's a fair enough explanation for you.

And besides, what part of "ignore" did you not understand? ;-)

--
Black Dragon

Why is it that there are so many more horses' asses than there are
horses?
		-- G. Gordon Liddy