Re: COLA Stats 5 Feb 2006

__/ [Roy Culley] on Sunday 05 February 2006 00:26 \__

> ngstats.pl version 1.18
>
> This report covers 2093 articles received by this system to
> newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
>
> <snip />
> Toplist of Posters
> [1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
>      and hence not included in the stats.
>      Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
> [2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
> [3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
>        a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
>        b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
>        c) number of direct followups posters articles get
>        d) troll feeding: 100 - %'age troll followups
>        e) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
>           are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
>           seriously :-)
>        f) for Erik: it is highly unlikely, although perhaps
>           possible, for a troll to appear in the 'quality' stats

Could  you  please  include/implement  a times or dates  section  to  keep
abreast of your new competition from Turquoise user? I sometimes wonder if
your  script is a public one and how one intervenes or complements the in-
put,  which is a raw newsgroups feed. Toby Inkster (of  alt.www.webmaster,
alt.html  and  some *nix groups) has a script which is  definitely  better
than Turquoise.

Regards,