Re: US Government to Crawl Web

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:dsft6i$vb4$4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0209/p01s02-uspo.html?s=hns
>
>      (US plans massive data sweep)
>
> Can we deny the honourable Mr. Bush from hammering our sites using
> robots.txt? Based on user-agent maybe? Would they spoof? The ironic
> thing is that the US government can cost Webmasters (from all over the
> world) some bandwidth money...

that is scary, Roy!

I don't believe that there is any deception/corruption, or any level of
evil that our govts' won't stoop to.  They are using the cover of 911, to
their great shame, to bring in such authoritarian type surveillance.

Bliar is trying to do it here in the UK with ID Cards.  The pretence for
ages has been that it would an excellent tool in the fight against
terrorism.  Now the Bliar regime have had to openly admit that it woud have
no value re terrorism.

It is now so easy to see how the people of Germany were fooled and co-erced
by their nazi leaders in the mid 30s.