Re: DateBook Data to iCal (/Other)

__/ [Kwan Yeoh] on Friday 10 February 2006 08:51 \__

>> Is anyone aware of a tool/method to convert DateBook (AKA Calendar) data
>> into standardised formats like iCal. I feel as though my diary is locked
>> to be used only by the vendor's software.
>
> I don't know that iCal is any more an open standardised format that
> Datebook, but both will allow you to export as vCal files, which can be
> reimported into other programs.

>From recollection, Palm Desktop 4 never provided an export format other than
comma-delimeted values, which are rather meaningless. Am I missing
something? Are there any tools for exporting as vCal/iCal? I can import in
either format into a Web-based application. I am also curious about
vCal/iCal support of the note, which can be bound to items. I know of a
field called "Description", but I don't know if the two are analogous.

Many thanks for the reply,