Re: Windows Vista to Have 50% Market Share?

__/ [Sig Sauer] on Saturday 11 February 2006 04:48 \__

> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 03:42:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1925173,00.asp
>>[ One In Two PCs Won't Run Vista's 3D Interface ]
>>
>> "...After years of delays and several feature revisions, one of Vista's
>> main selling points is the Aero Glass interface..."
>>
>> Use this as an argument to migrate people to Linux rather than encourage
>> them to buy a new workstation (accompanies by the 'Microsoft tax').
>
> Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. We heard all of this garbage with the
> release of win2k, then XP now it's vista. Out comes the nice shiney new OS
> that every windows geek has been pining for, then come the bugs, the
> vulnerabilities, the bsod's (maybe they will change the bsod screen to
> green.....(gsod) just so that the slang will change) , the exploits, the
> fixes...and all for your (not my) hard earned cash..go shout somewhere
> else. This is a linux group you troll. My only comfort is that MSFT stock
> will rise to a point where I can sell some of what I have and build a new
> Linux box that will run circles around the same machine with the GUI hog
> of vista installed. No thanks. The only thing MS I own is MSFT shares. My
> computer and my time on a computer are vested in Linux.

While I agree with everything you say, why "This is a linux group you troll"?
There must be some misunderstanding or a case of text being re-used without
carefulness.

> "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely
> unintentional side effect."
>
> --- Linus Torvalds

Good quote that. He rarely speaks about Windows, but when it does, it has
some nice impact.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
  6:35am  up 25 days  1:51,  12 users,  load average: 1.68, 1.78, 1.79