Re: Treo 650 and OE newsgroups

  • Subject: Re: Treo 650 and OE newsgroups
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:31:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm
__/ [Nico Bartels] on Monday 13 February 2006 08:11 \__

> On 12 Feb 2006 17:48:05 -0800, melissasmith25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>I am absolutely new to newsgroups and I need to access them while on
>>the go.  (I will be teaching an online course.)  I want to buy a Palm
>>650 to use for this purpose.  Currently, the college I teach for has me
>>set up on my laptop to use Outlook Express.  Can I use any form of
>>Outlook to get my newsgroups and can I do this on a Treo 650?
>
> I don't know if there is a Outlook version for the Treo, but it is
> possible to access newsgroups on your Treo 650.
> Take a look at New Yanoff. It is the best I know for the Treo.
> http://www.palmyanoff.com/

There is also a project called New Yanoff, but it's commercial and I heard
negative feedback about it. There is no alternative to Yanoff and its
derivative(s) as far as I know. Get Yanoff from its Sourceforge page:

http://yanoff.sourceforge.net/yanoff/yanoff.html

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
  1:25pm  up 27 days  8:26,  14 users,  load average: 0.87, 0.89, 0.68