Re: AOLS Stats: 13/01/2006-12/02/2006

__/ [David Bolt] on Tuesday 14 February 2006 03:33 \__

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
>
>>Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> I've cronned it as a once-a-month recurring action. I truly hope you
>>> don't mind. The subject line is consistent, so it should be easy to
>>> killfile very safely.
>>
>>I don't mind. I just hope you realize that the numbers might nog be
>>correct.

I never paid much attention to user agents. I think that the main purpose of
such stats is to refer to individuals and the rest are details. People tend
to care -- rather naturally so -- about character more than about science.
And for that matter, nymshifting is not accounted for either.

> But it's there in black and white[0] on the net. It's got to be
> right[1].
>
>>(Hint, look at the headers. :-)

That never made sense. You bottom-posted, which makes this an absurdity.

> Now, either you're a really sick person who shoe-horned one of the
> biggest security holes available onto a secure, and very unsuspecting
> SUSE installation, or you faked the user agent.

He has fine controls. Otherwise, perhaps he re-compiled his client solely for
the purpose of that short post.

> I think I'll have to go with the second choice. Even a sick and sadistic
> person[2] wouldn't do something so unnatural to a poor, defenceless,
> Linux installation.

Not unless (s)he gets paid. Maybe a Munchkin Linux maven, whose aim is to get
some inside information. Let the conspiracy theorists elaborate on that...