Re: Java jive

__/ [Linønut] on Tuesday 14 February 2006 18:47 \__

> Here's a question for which answers don't seem to exist on googoo.
>
> In accessing my time sheet and in accessing online training, using
> Firefox 1.5, on Linux, what I find is that some, but not all, text input
> fields don't respond to keystroke.
>
> The funny thing is that, in some cases, I can type the text in a
> terminal and paste it into the text field.
>
> Anyone have a workaround or a solution for this problem?
>
> Chris

It sounds like this could be a text encoding issue. I sometimes need to copy
text via Emacs and the like in order to overcome these perils, e.g. when
handling Latin letters in LyX.

Apropos Java, new screenshots have come out (seen this morning), which show
the next version of Java (particularly Swing) on Linux:

http://ensode.net/java_swing_mustang_screenshots_gtk.html