Re: [Article] On Google's Censorship in China

__/ [Windsun] on Monday 20 February 2006 11:20 \__

> Actually it is kind of funny.. read a story a couple of days ago how the
> Chinese government is trying to hire 30,000 more to track down "illegal"
> websites.
>
> I wonder how far they can go, and how long before it implodes.
>
> Regardless of what you think of Google, once the door is open, the commies
> will powerless to stop it.

>> China crisis for Google bosses

I used to make available an open proxy on my Web server. The Chinese
government prevented access to the WordPress Codex at the time. It is a
harmless section which explains how to customise blogs and do some PHP
programming. The Canadians (I think Toronto somewhere) have recently set up
a large number of proxies (or equivalent) to enable people from suppressed
contries access to the full resources of information which the WWW makes
available. You must admit that Average Li (sic) might still find it hard to
get access to uncensored information, even when the facilities are
available.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
 12:45pm  up 3 days  1:05,  7 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.28, 0.34