Re: [Article] On Google's Censorship in China

"Roy Schestowitz" wrote ...
> The Department of Justice is still humming about it. They are not too keen
> on
> the idea of Cisco, Yahoo, MSN and Google collaborating with foreign
> governments whose policies are adverse to democracy.

I'm sure - it's drawing attention to the fact that they are doing nothing
BUT collaborating with governments whose policies are adverse to democracy.

They shoud be leading, not whining.

And it's ALWAYS been that way, this isn't a party thing, or a country thing.
Governments constantly do backdoor deals with repressive countries, then
whine when business moves in, using the treaties the government drew up and
signed.

Politicians rely on short memories, and tall stories. They are gutless,
almost universally. What did ANY "democratic" government do about Tiananmen
Square? "Lets keep the channels of communication open"

In private, they scream because China is making many millions exporting
cheap consumer goods. They daren't make a fuss in public, because the public
like cheap goods. So in public they scream because some western businesses
are making a few million back. Gutless, all of them.

Andrew