Re: Page Wank

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 06:11 \__

> Despite my finally getting a PR of 5 for my index page, I'm virtually
> invisible in the serps. I'm hundreds deep now for terms I was top ten
> or twenty for for years, yet my PR is higher. What kind of a joke
> engine is this?
>
> BB

It comes to prove that PageRank embellishments are pointless. Were you
expecting traffic to change overnight owing to the TBPR update? Perhaps you
were lying at PR 4.8 for quite some time. While the exact value is visable
to us, Google takes into consideration the non-discrete value.

More along these lines, PageRank (=inbound links) is only one factor among
many. Relevance based on keyword density, allintext, allintitle, etc. are
more prominent factors. Lastly, ponder this: to improve one's PageRank, one
could shrink the site and 'channel' all links to the front page. This does
not warrant traffic nonetheless. It's 'PR ego boost'. it's PublicRelation
(TM).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
  6:50am  up 4 days 19:09,  10 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.52, 0.57