Re: Yahoo stealing my bandwidth

__/ [ hug ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 12:48 \__

>>If it weren't a standardised location
>>such as ~/favicon.ico , then you could substitude the location, pointing
>>your visitors at the right place while serving Yahoo with indecent icons.
>>With many furious Yahoo customers, they would have immediately gotten the
>>message.
>
> While I kind of like the idea of creating irate customers this way,
> there is a certain risk that the indecent icons will be even more
> popular than the original one. <g>

Well, not necessarily. Back in 2004, a Croatian forum administrator was
HotLinking an image of mine and using it as his avatar. This was a rather
high-traffic forum, so it was difficult to ignore the effect on bandwidth.
After 2 weeks without reply from any the clown, I decided to replace his
avatar with a photo of a small and ugly penis. It didn't take long before
HotLinking reached its end and the humiliated guy apologised to me.

Roy

PS - I am bearing in mind that your answer was cynical.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
  3:50pm  up 5 days  4:09,  8 users,  load average: 1.06, 0.75, 0.68