Re: (OT) Do Know Evil?

__/ [ canadafred ] on Friday 24 February 2006 16:24 \__

>> __/ [ canadafred ] on Friday 24 February 2006 12:27 \__
>>
>>> "Big Bill" <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Chris wrote in his blog entry :
>>>
>>> "I'm going to live without searching for anything on Google (or using
>>> Google software) for a week... ohmygod. "
>>>
>>> I wonder what that would feel like. Would I be like a junky going through
>>> my computer looking for remnants of past searches in my cache?
>>
>> He actually wrote about it last night:
>>
>> http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2006/2/23/1780165.html
>>
>> <quote>
>>  I'm frustrated. Utterly frustrated. I don't think I'll be able to
>>  make the seven days, seriously. I thought that Yahoo! would be a
>>  great substitute, but that's turning out not being the case.
>>  Googlefasting is painful.
>>
>>  [...]
>>
>> </quote>
>>
>> I thought it was rather intersting. *smile*
>>
>> I try Yahoo on occasions (just testing the water), but it's nowhere
>> compared
>> to Google. Results are not acceptable unless you are willing to browse
>> through heaps of pages, especially when attempting to find arcane items,
>> e.g. Linux information. Google actually started as a Linux-inclined search
>> engine with the somewhat secondary aim of connecting knowledgebases that
>> serve users like Sergei and Larry.
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> --
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
>> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux     |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>>  3:00pm  up 7 days  3:19,  8 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.11, 0.20
>>      http://iuron.com - help build a non-profit search engine
>
> The guy's going nuts. I left him a message on his blog giving him support.

very annoyed with Blogspot. I mentioned misuse of blogrolls to him (alluding
to SEO Dave without mentioning any names or URL's, of course).

As a result of our discussion he posted this:

http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2005/10/16/1302867.html

which led to a very long chain of posts including this one:

http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2005/10/16/1304407.html (see the
remainder of the month)

The rest is history. Google have cleaned up some of their mess ever since.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
  5:05pm  up 7 days  5:24,  8 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.34, 0.43