Re: Making money with AdSense

> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 04:02 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> When you get a million visits a month, you may expect to earn
>>> figures like that which you mention above. I should point out that
>>> such figures approximately equate to your hosting bill. *smile*
>>
>> Nah, I do a quarter million a month (visits :-D), and I doubt that if
>> I put adsense on it that I make what I am paying atm for hosting :-)
>
> 250,000 a month?!?! Geez! You are verging Cat's traffic, but wonder
> about distribution among RSS feeds.

I have about 9,000 visitors a day now. Things like:

22 	9967

Just 23 short! Are becoming frustrating :-D.

> Well, I'm on 249,000 on Google at the moment:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=schestowitz (99.9% refer to myself, the
> rest to my dad's uncle)

Yes, I was on 249,000 some time ago, it keeps growing. Although I have now
a bit of a stand still IMO.

> As far as site stats are concerned (schestowitz.com alone), Webalizer
> gives me just under 100,000 visits a month, but I suspect it also
> counts Windows zombies (which AWstats shrewdly neglects when I
> redirect them to
> http://microsoft.com/this-is-a-windows-zombie-one-among-1000s-that-atta
> ck-my-site-every-day ).

Yeah, waste of someone else's bandwidth IMO if zombies already are able to
redirect. MS is not responsible for zombies. Blame it on the users if you
have to blame anyone.

> My site is non-profit. I was hoping it would become self-sustaining,
> financially. It ain't so, yet. *smile*

AOL :-) It's already self-sustaining for quite some time if I just count
the hosting costs.

--
John                  Freelance Perl programmer: http://castleamber.com/

Firefox Keywords:   http://johnbokma.com/firefox/keymarks-explained.html