Re: Linux Advocacy (was: Opinions on new PDA please)

> __/ [ Martin ] on Monday 27 February 2006 19:10 \__
>

>> <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> No you didn't that's why I pointed it out.

>>> Practically all of them it's usually inside in litre plastic bottles. It
>>> costs rather more than the stuff in the pumps but it works quite happily
>>> in a diesel engine.
>>>
>>> You really should get out more.
>>>
>>> As an aside there's a fascinating set of pages somewhere on the net
>>> about running diesels on used chip oil.

>> I get out plenty thank you. Why don't you give up? No one wants to use
>> Linux, OK Get over it and move on. By the way how many garages sell
>> vegetable oil by the gallon then? Oh and you still have to pay tax on it.
>>
>> You're missing the point. Linux is for a small minority that enjoy
>> fucking
>> around with their computers rather than using them. YOU might take great
>> pleasure (presumably because you're a Billy no mates) sitting around and
>> spending all day getting something to work with Linux, but I don't.
>
> Steady on, Martin. It's a typical reaction. You could not figure out how
> operate Linux, so you took the easy way out. Blame the product rather than
> insult your own intelligent and demote your ego.
>
> With all due respect, if you are not willing to give anything a chance,
> you
> will one day be among the few seniors who still use Netscape 4 or DOS.
> They
> truly say it does everything they need to do. Stand for nothing and you
> will
> fall for anything. Antagonise change and you'll be missing out on new(er)
> and exciting technologies.
>
> See the following, which is visual and succinct:
>
> http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

I'm sorry but Linux simply isn't better for most users. If you're someone
who likes fucking around on a PC all day then fine, but most of us don't
want to spend hours trawling newsgroups or user groups to find some betaware
driver that just might get some device we own working.

I like MSN Messenger. It's free and it does the job and allows me to video
conference with others without worrying about them using some other bug
ridden piece of software.

I'm quite happy that iTunes and my Ipod's work fine on my PC, I really don't
care about the OS so long as it lets me do what I want. Linux doesn't allow
that for most people. Simple as that.

If you like Linux then fine, but if you really think that in 5 years time we
will all be using it, think again.

Martin