Re: Is Dell Embarrassed About Linux?

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 07:14 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> If Dell made the choice to invest in and offer Linux, I believe the plan
> is for a staged, gentle phasing. Perhaps Linux offers will sooner or later
> percolate to the front page. The question is: which will the chair break
> the camel's back and lead to tensions?

I followed a link on your ref. page, and came to this:-

http://www.thechannelinsider.com/article2/0,1895,1929307,00.asp

On first sight, I can't make out what these people think that they are going
to get out of such an action.
My first thought was "A settlement from MS, to shut them up".

- but why would MS settle, just because somebody was claiming they charge
too much?
... but then you come to bits like this:-
"Tangent alleged further that Microsoft entered into restrictive agreements
with OEMs and system builders, limiting or eliminating their ability to
feature non-Microsoft products"

Now perhaps *there* is a reason to settle?  Is this a little firm out to
make a few bucks, by threatening to disclose some NDA or something?