Re: Good hosting provider for small website?

  • Subject: Re: Good hosting provider for small website?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:28:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
__/ [a2z] on Monday 02 January 2006 07:22 \__

> "Suz" wrote:
>> Any recommendations for a hosting a small static website?  Easily's
>> cheapest doesn't seem to let you upload files but have to use their crappy
>> software for producing pages.
>>
>> Just want something that will let me bung up my own files and not charge
>> too much.  This site will have next-to-no traffic.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Suz.
>
> Most ISPs include free webspace for their customers.

The addresses which these hosting plans provide look unprofessional. Shared
hosting is not so expensive nowdays and it offers many benefits like E-mail
on your domain, various stats packages and constant customer support.

Catalyst2 provide hosting for GBP 12 per year:

http://catalyst2.com/

Hosting for a Buck are even cheaper, but I don't know them well enough to
make a recommendation.

Hope this helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 12:25pm  up 22 days 19:36,  14 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.63, 0.56