Re: Mass Renaming of MP3's

  • Subject: Re: Mass Renaming of MP3's
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:25:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
__/ [Jim] on Sunday 01 January 2006 16:10 \__

> On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 01:09:26 +0700, "Mark BR" <briley@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>"Neil" <neil.russell11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>I have lots of unamed and partially named music files mp3,wma etc in my
>>> music folder. Can anyone recommend any software that can automatically
>>> scan and rename these with the correct atrist album etc. It does'nt
>>> have to be freeware but I'd prefer it?
>>>
>>Try Dr Tag - www.drtag.de/en/
>>
>>Reads the tags and can make the filenames etc, but only for MP3
>
> MP3TAG, freeware.

If you need to rename all files, perhaps you are using the wrong media li-
brary  manager. With applications like AmaroK (I don't know the latest  of
iTunes and Windows Media Player), all your files are displayed and indexed
in  accordance  with their tags. Album covers, artists names and  grouping
are all resolved automatically and are exportable.

Version 2 of AmaroK should be available for Windows, I think. Also keep an
eye  on  SongBird. The applications might have an extension  that  renames
filenames.  Too many extensions to keep track of, but they exist and  they
are free.