Re: Reading .pdb file in window xp

__/ [Richard] on Saturday 31 December 2005 01:25 \__

> I got this ebook in .pdb format on my window xp desktop.  It appears to be
> palm format file as window xp points it out when I try to open it.  What
> software do I need to download from http://www.palm.com/us/ to view this
> ebook?  I am not familiar with palm and never used one before.

The  software which reads this format typically runs on Palm O/S. You  can
find out if you have any luck reading this file using a standard text edi-
tor.  Maybe  the layout will make it legible enough, provided there  isn't
too  much  'markup' and formatting. Maybe it's binary though, I'm not  too
sure.

Perhaps  there are desktop-side applications that act as book readers  for
this  filetype, but I am not aware of any. Lastly, consider running a Palm
emulator on your PC and opening the file using Palm's book reader for Palm
O/S.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pose/

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  4:30am  up 22 days 11:41,  14 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.51, 0.72