Re: Debunking common GNU/Linux myths (long, Link and comments on artcle)

  • Subject: Re: Debunking common GNU/Linux myths (long, Link and comments on artcle)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:40:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Linux Freeloading Advocate] on Wednesday 04 January 2006 11:34 \__

> Kier vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote in message
> an.2006.01.04.10.38.52.752525@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>> This article may have been referenced before (can't recall it, but you
>> never know) but I think it is well-worth another look.
>
> Do you see just how uncertain you are, now? Why not just commit everything
> and think to yourself 'to hell with it if it's been posted before' instead
> of constantly applying your pathetic disclaimers.
>
> Your particular type of uncertainty is seen as nothing short of your
> weakness, and that is why you are not taken seriously.
>
> Bite the bullet, see if you can post without your uncertainty showing
> through.

I think that Kier was merely trying to point out an article that we can refer
skeptics to.

It doesn't point anything out of the ordinary, but to someone who is misled
by stereotypes and 'disinformation', this may be a good off-the-shelf
reference.

http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/208/1/

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
 11:35am  up 24 days 18:46,  10 users,  load average: 0.77, 0.67, 0.71