Google Recommend Linux?

Well, almost.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/01/make-your-computer-just-work.html

"So you bought a new PC for yourself or a relative during the holidays. There
was the initial excitement about its speed and the nice screen ? and then it
came time to actually get it running. Which meant embarking on some real
work -? downloading a browser, a couple of multimedia players, a PDF reader,
a toolbar, and maybe something for voice and instant messaging. Don?t forget
the anti-spyware and anti-virus apps ? you?ve got to have those. Hours,
maybe even days, go by. How many wizards have you clicked through, not to
mention license agreements and preference pickers? And then you have to ask:
did I get everything? And how am I going to keep all of this up to date?"

Google offer a Windows distribution. What is the implication of this?

http://pack.google.com/