Re: SUSE 10.0 - the best linux yet

  • Subject: Re: SUSE 10.0 - the best linux yet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:12:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [Gregory Toomey] on Sunday 08 January 2006 15:36 \__

> David Wright wrote:
>
>> Gregory Toomey wrote:
>>
>>> I upgraded last week and this version looks like a winner.
>>>
>>> - My HP PSC1210 now scans and prints perfectly
>>> -  Wireless interface has been improved
>>> - I added the Packman RPMS for mplayer & the Win codecs, now I can play
>>> just about any video format
>>>
>>> The only issues I have are KDE exchanging the OK/Cancel buttons (seems
>>> weird to me), and Kaffeine won't play mpeg for some reason.
>>>
>>> gtoomey
>>
>> What do you mean swapping the OK and Cancel buttons? They have swapped
>> location or OK is cancel and vice versa?
>
> The location has changed. Window panels used to have "cancel" "OK", now its
> "OK" "cancel". This is for firefox too.

It sounds like a very minor issue unless it is only the labels that are
getting mixed up, so the buttons do not correspond to their function. Use
the enter key to make quick selections.

>> For Kaffeine, have you downloaded the "full"(er) version from Packman? The
>> standard one supplied with SUSE is fairly gimped for legal reasons...
>>

> OK I'll try that
>
> gtoomey

These multimedia packs appear to be adding just about anything that is ever
needed. Despite cautionary advice, I felt careless and installed all four
packs on SuSE 9.3, which made format deficiencies a thing of the past.

Best wishes,