Re: Firefox Beats IE7, According to Windows Advocate

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:58:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2006/1/3/1579510.html
>
> Even a Windows fan and advocate decided to drop Internet Explorer 7 and was
> happy to reach the haven which is Mozilla Firefox.
>
>   "I'm sure IE7 will be fantastic when it's ready for public consumption, but
>   in being "stuck" with Windows Vista for the time being, I'm also "stuck"
>   with a beta copy of Microsoft's next browser. I'm running into far too many
>   page rendering issues with the IE7 beta - coupled with the general window
>   and tab shortcomings, I just found myself downloading and installing
>   Firefox 1.5 on my laptop. Damn, it's faster - visibly faster. I feel so
>   dirty."
>
> Scoble is another Windows advocate (employed evangelist) that swears by
> Firefox. I guess their 'browser ship' has sunk already.

actually, if you'd have read some of his other posts, you'll find out WHY
he did this.  He installed the december CTP of Vista on his laptop just
before he left for CES, and thus was "stuck" with a relatively unstable
version of IE while away from home, so he insalled Firefox because the beta
had too many problems.

All this is saying is that Firefox is better than an unstable beta of IE.
Duh.  It doesn't mean he's likely to keep Firefox when he gets back home.