Re: .htaccess redirection and google SE

__/ [Hieu] on Monday 09 January 2006 12:45 \__

> I have a question but can't find answer anywhere.
>
> Say I use htaccess to redirect from "http://mysite/blah/1"; to
> "http://mysite/index.php?action=blah&id=1";
>
> When google SE reaches the first link, it will be redirected to the
> second one. So now which one of the two will be considered?

Hi,

When you say "will be considered?", do you mean indexed as the primary page?
Do you mean listing for a particular search phrase? The 'channelling' of
human visitors? Any issues pertaining to ranks, e.g. passing PageRank from
one page to another? The answer is usually "yes" and "it works", if done
properly and simply, i.e. no excessive re-directions.

Hope it helps,