Re: Set As Background...

__/ [Rick] on Monday 09 January 2006 22:29 \__

> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:09:55 -0800, John Bailo wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> In my humble opinion, the Mozilla Foundation are spending too much time
>>> catering for the Windows audience. This has the merit of shifting them
>>> to Open Source, which it turn will lead them to Linux. Yet, others get
>>> neglected in the interim.
>>
>> I've been using Konqueror more and more.
>>
>> Firefox used to be my exclusive choice because of configuration issues
>> that Konqueror /used/ to have with things like Flash, JRE.
>>
>> Now it seems (in Suse 10) that those are fixed.
>>
>> Firefox seems to take a long time to load, and sometimes /stalls/.
>>
>> Konqueror is quick, fast and integrated with KDE.
>>
>> As far as catering to the Windopes audience, yes, in some ways, Firefox
>> saves XP from itself by providing a secure browser...but why prolong the
>> agony?
>>
>> Linux is now king.
>
> What happened to:"
> "Why can't I just browse a web page, select an image and make it my
> wallpaper in Linux Firefox 1.0.7?
>
> I can do this all the time in Windows XP ?!"

*Exactly*!

I particularly liked the following reply:

__/ [Kelsey Bjarnason] on Monday 09 January 2006 11:45 \__

> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:32:15 -0800, John Bailo wrote:
>
> Why can't I set up multiple wallpaper images, which will automatically
> cycle at a timed interval, randomly or in order, and automatically scale
> to the largest size that will fit the screen - but preserving the aspect
> ratio, in XP?  I do it all the time in KDE.  It's built in.

In my case, I have 4 wallpapers. They are 4500 pixel-wide each and cover 8
virtual desktops, each of which is a dual-head unit. Why can't XP handle
that?

In this article on migration from Linux to Windows, many such rants are being
raised. Windows is a Toy Operating System that usually caters for children
(or grown-up children)

http://madpenguin.org/cms/html/47/5937.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, punch! Gas, gas!
  4:00am  up 30 days 11:11,  15 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.79, 0.76