Re: Verizon Eliminates MP3 Compatibility And Apple, Linux Users

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

It  is  rare  to see that type of story hitting the main headlines  as  it
originally  comes from some PHP-Nuke site (as far as I know). All there is
to  the story is the spin with regards to Microsoft's relations with Veri-
zon. I can recall getting an MP3 player from my aunt and on the package it
said  compatible  with  Windows Media Player 10 or something  along  those
line.  It was very prominent and it emphasised the fact that it played WMA
files. I gave that offensive gadget to my mom.

Meanwhile, Rhapsody music service from Real Networks went from a Microsoft only client and WMA only media to a web based streaming interface that lets Linux/Firefox users access their subscription based music streams.