Re: Microsoft Pulling Plug in the Fall

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Pulling Plug in the Fall
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 03:49:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Saturday 01 July 2006 02:09 \__

> On 2006-06-30, William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something
> concerning:
>> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Fri, 30 Jun 2006
>> 08:39:12 -0500, Linonut wrote:
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, shanejoel belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Sales of Win 2000 will skyrocket.

*LOL* You should modify your introductory phrase. This is not the first time
that somebody found it offensive. The humorous nature of it is only obvious
to those who already know you.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9001540&source=NLT_PM&nlid=8

>> Self-inflicted injury by M$?

We shall soon find out. The PR damage has been done. Financial damage? I'll
go get some popcorn before I find out.

> Wow! Right in their own back yard!
>
> I wonder how many state & federal politicians will have to be
> bought^H^H^H^H^H^H wined and dined to reverse this.

No need. Microsoft has already installed WGA on the Feds' computers, in
stealth. All their bases are (sic) belong to Microsoft.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
  3:45am  up 64 days  8:48,  13 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.65, 0.90