Re: Migrating Palm Tung E data to a Palm T/X?

__/ [ junk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 03 July 2006 09:33 \__

> Ive just lost my Palm Tung E and am thinking of replacing it with a
> Palm T/X. Will I have any compatibility problems with the data I have
> on my PC (sync'd from my Palm Tung E) - or can I just plug in the new
> Palm and do a sync?

You should not have compatibility issue. It's an upgrade rather than a
downgrade and everything is backward compatible.

> ...will I need to manually reinstall any apps that I have added?

The application you had ionstalled on the T-E will be installed on (sent to)
your new device, including the databases with personalised settings.

> ...are there any other differences (eg OS version?) that will mean
> other software wont run?

It's highly improbable, but still possible. Some programs that I had running
on my M130 no longer worked as expected on the Tugsten T. None of these
programs were professional, modern or important though.

> Thanks
>
> David Bevan
> http://www.davidbevan.co.uk

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox