Re: Worm poses as Windows Genuine Advantage

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 05 July 2006 13:39 \__

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2159630/ddos-worm-turns-windows-genuinep://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2159630/ddos-worm-turns-windows-genuine

>>> They're in a different market area. They sell spyware that poses as an
>>> operating system.
>>
>> It's a vile case of an operating system that controls the user rather than
>> put the user in charge. WGA was a culmination of a disgusting pattern
>> wherein Redmond patronises everybody else, for self-convenience. The
>> regrets and apologies from Microsoft won't do. Time to go shopping for a
>> nicer alternative.
>
> You and I agree. However, a lot of people are going to put on a little
> Preparation H and go back for another round of lovin' from the
> monopoly.

You know, after the first breakup in a relationship, the relationship is
unlikely to last for long. It's like a coke machine being rocked back and
forth before it falls over. Knowing what Vista has to offer (or hasn't to
offer), the customers will wind up with nothing better. Only more money will
be spent on stronger, cutting-edge hardware. The above-average-Joe will wish
to see some ROI.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
Tasks: 174 total,   2 running, 154 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie