Re: [News] The Plot To Hijack Your Computer

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Friday 07 July 2006 06:59 \__

> Roy Schestowitz :
>> The Plot To Hijack Your Computer
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| They watch you surf the Web. They plague you with pop-up ads. Then
>>| they cripple your hard drive
>> `----
>>
>>         http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_29/b3993001.htm
>>
>> Not even a single mentioning of operating systems in this long article.
>
> There rarely is. It sticks in my craw sometimes.

It must be that need for unbiased reporting. Rex Ballard goes further argues
that if a publisher says something unfavourable about Windows (as in a
comparison or benchmark), Microsoft's licences (as in the EULA to which you
show consent when setting up Windows for the study) gives Microsoft too much
litigious power. I believe that only in Germany do these rules not apply.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, punch! Gas, gas!
Cpu(s):  19.9% user,   3.5% system,  15.5% nice,  61.1% idle