Re: [News] Hovsepian Modifies Pricing Models and Introduces Rebates to Accelerate Linux Uptake

  • Subject: Re: [News] Hovsepian Modifies Pricing Models and Introduces Rebates to Accelerate Linux Uptake
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 09:06:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 07 July 2006 02:22 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> New Novell Chief Hovsepian Gears Up To Drive Linux
>
>> | As an example, Hovsepian and Novell channel chief Steve Erdman pointed
>> | to a 20 percent rebate on Linux sales the Waltham, Mass., vendor enacted
>> | earlier this month.
>> | A CRN.com quick poll found that 76 percent of respondents felt the
>> | appointment of Hovsepian will drive more SUSE Linux growth.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20060624/tc_cmp/189601087
>
> Hovsepian can drive the channel growth.

I know very little about Hovsepian's background, but he is definitely more
capable then Jack Messman, specially under this new strategy. As he said
many times before, Novell's existing partners are the key. He repeated the
word "partners" like 20 times in one of his statements -- something that
Yugo in the SUSE newsgroup laughed at, IIRC. At least it was a long
statement. He didn't repeat it 14 times like sweaty Steve Ballmer.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  9:00am  up 70 days 14:03,  12 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.71, 0.87