Re: MS: 20% of WGA failures not caused by pirated keys

  • Subject: Re: MS: 20% of WGA failures not caused by pirated keys
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:45:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Friday 07 July 2006 03:08 \__

> On 6 Jul 2006 03:54:14 -0700,
> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Quote:
>> ----------
>> You don't need to look very hard to find outraged Windows customers who
>> have been branded pirates by Windows Genuine Authentication. And a
>> hefty number of them claim they're being unfairly targeted, with
>> legitimate Windows copies that are being tagged as stolen or pirated.
>> I've heard from several dozen people, and I've also seen credible
>> stories posted on Microsoft's public WGA newsgroups.
>> ------------
>> End quote
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=89
>
> this is MS we are talking about, a 20% false positive rate is a step up
> for them...

If you think that's bad, wait until Wanker (oops. I mean OneCare) comes
around. Mozilla Firefox - malware; Evolution - spyware; Groklaw - malicious
Web site; ISO media - virus...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 174 total,   1 running, 155 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie