Re: [News] Microsoft Has Hidden Agenda for "Supporting" ODF

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Microsoft "supports" ODF?

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't believe for one second that Microsoft is actually "supporting" ODF.
| The headline reads, "Microsoft Bows to Pressure to Interoperate with ODF."
| Oh no, Microsoft isn't. The Redmond crew has an entirely different agenda
| for "supporting" the OpenDocument Format with its own Open XML
| Translator.

But of course: they're going to break it, (try and) make it look bad, then down the road (if they're still around), they're going to say to the International Standards Organisation "Hey, we told you ours was better!". Of course, they'd be completely wrong. ODF was chosen over MSXML for a damn good reason - its consistency.