Re: 10 Reasons to Love KDE

__/ [ Colin Day ] on Saturday 08 July 2006 00:21 \__

> hanumizzle@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> 7 wrote:
>>
>>> What I like about Kwrite is that pretends to be a simple
>>> text editor, but when you open scripts or files belonging to
>>> programming languages like C, it displays it in full glorious
>>> highlighted colourful text.
>>> The feature list is a lot longer than that, but it looks and
>>> functions so much like an un-assuming text editor.
>>
>> But does it have cperl-mode or AUCTeX?
>>

> It has some perl and LaTeX syntax highlighting.

It does indeed. It even comes preloaded with colour-based highlighting for
various gaming maps (the list of supported languages is very large).
Syntax-highlighting rules must be contributed and committed by the community
of users who create it for own convenience.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  7:35am  up 71 days 12:38,  12 users,  load average: 0.89, 0.83, 0.99