Re: Pirated Software Created XP Sound Files

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Tony Sivori ] on Saturday 08 July 2006 06:12 \__
>
>> http://xrl.us/owtw
>>
>> The nine .wav files in this directory:
>>
>> Windows\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav
>>
>> seem to have been created with a pirated version of Sound Forge 4.5.
>> Perhaps Microsoft just couldn't afford the $400 for a legitimate copy.
>>
>> Microsoft only respects IP when it is their IP. Anyone else's, they just
>> steal what they want and pay up if or when they get caught.
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/2803
>
>         Bill Gates' piracy confession (06/20/2006)
>
> Maybe he retired so that he can watch more films. Go figure...

Hmm, well, it's not piracy, it might be copyright theft, but as he
viewed something in good faith, I'm not sure it's even that.  The
uploaders of material might have a case to answer.  Whilst I'm not Mr
Gates' biggest fan, I don't think he did anything wrong here, and I
think he admitted to something he didn't do.

We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds