Re: Pirated Software Created XP Sound Files

  • Subject: Re: Pirated Software Created XP Sound Files
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:59:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 10 July 2006 09:28 \__

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-111830.html?forumID=89&threadID=173539&start=0

>>> The nine .wav files in this directory:
>>>
>>> Windows\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav
>>>
>>> seem to have been created with a pirated version of Sound Forge 4.5.
>>> Perhaps Microsoft just couldn't afford the $400 for a legitimate copy.
>>
>> I wonder what kind of results a licence audit of MS would produce; would
>> the BSA even actually raid MS?

Little or no point. Microsoft uses Open Source software in-house.

http://www.techworld.com/security/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=3838

        Microsoft dumps Cisco wireless for Aruba (all Linux-based)

> I think Homeland would have something to say about Brits invading
> Washington.

Maybe we can exchange that with Gary McKinnon. He is, after all, shipped over
to Washington to be poked at with a big stick. He's a scapegoat, of course.
They should all thank him for changing the wallpapers on these
defence/intelligence-oriented systems, pointing out that sysadmins should
get sacked for neglecting to change the default admin password. Another
media conspiracy and an attempt at public character assassination!

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  9:50am  up 73 days 14:53,  12 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.48, 0.43