Re: [News] Linux Desktop for Only $74.99!

On 2006-07-09, Stephen Fairchild <somebody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | iPAQ Sub-100 Desktop
>> |
>> | With your choice of Linux distribution preinstalled
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://ztechshop.net/computers/sub-100/
>
> You'll probably want to add a USB hard drive or a 4GB flash to that.  Not
> much in the way of spare disk space, but it's a neat concept if that case
> is to be believed (not an actual representation???).

This is somewhat like the one I bought locally for $50. Yhe one above
looks better, and it has 4 more USB ports. But mine came with the same
memory, is the same speed, even had the same drive size.

The CPU on mine is a Pentium, not Celery. And it's expandable. It even
came with a NIC, but I had to throw it away because it was an el-cheapo
crappy one made by some company that doesn't even make Winders drivers
any more that I could find.

Mine generates more heat than the one listed, I'd bet. Probably
noisier, too.

Mine's also being used a bit differently than what they're suggesting.
And I can dink around with trying to break the hardware much more
easily, which is an absolute must for anything I have that isn't
mobile.

--
Reatle: Innovative Microsoft peer-to-peer software.