Re: [News] W3Counter for July: Firefox - 25%, Internet Explorer - 67%

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Monday 10 July 2006 14:43 \__

> On Monday 10 July 2006 14:09 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Very. I wish I could spend more time with Opera's software. But I depend
>> too heavily on a plethora of extensions which quite happily live side by
>> side. Over 20 active extensions in Firefox and over 10 in Thunderbird.
>> Could I switch Web browser and mail client? The answer must be: it would
>> be extremely hard. Rendering goodness got me there in the first place.
>> Great functionality got me locked in. Nothing is adverse to standard, bear
>> in mind. The lockin is the goodness of the products as they are,
>> function-wise, once extended to be personalised and increase efficient
>> handling of the task at hand.
>>
>> Also see the popular essay (at the time):
>>
>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/53126/index.html
>>
>> Best wishes,
>
> Oh yes:-)
>
> I received an e-mail from an old friend and (still) Windows user a couple
> of
> days ago.  He's used Outlook/OE for a decade, at home and work.  He finally
> got round to trying Thunderbird, and reckons that it took 5 installations
> before he was happy.  He was (coincidentally) using it to service all his 5
> separate e-mail accounts, and struggled a bit to get it all sorted with the
> folders etc. as he wanted them.
> He ended by telling *me* that *he* is now a Thunderbird addict and vocal
> advocate.  As he said, it took /time/ for him to change and get used to it
> - "you just have to be patient and persevere" he told *me* !!!!
> - in his case, it took from Thursday evening through to Friday evening,
> with a night's sleep and a day's work in between to become convinced!

Took me half a day to migrate from KMail, after about 2 years of persistent
use. With further modifications (hidden options) and extensions tweaked to
perfection, this sums up to much more. That said, I am extremely effective
when it comes to mail management, owing to Horde, SpamAssassin, Apache's
BoxTrapper, accounts multitude, and Thunderbird (with extensions).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<
Tasks: 168 total,   2 running, 148 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie