Re: [News] W3Counter for July: Firefox - 25%, Internet Explorer - 67%

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Monday 10 July 2006 15:55 \__

http://www.iht.com/bin/print_ipub.php?file=/articles/2006/07/05/business/ptend06.php

> "Use of the Firefox browser has been growing quickly in Europe.
> ComScore, a consultancy based in Reston, Virginia, that monitors Web usage
> patterns, estimates that 26 percent of Internet users in Germany used
> Firefox in May 2006, compared with 15 percent a year earlier. Microsoft's
> Internet Explorer has most of the remaining market share"
>
> "Usage in France surged to 13 percent in May from 5 percent a year earlier,
> while market share in Finland was the highest in Europe, with 38 percent of
> the Internet population using Firefox, compared with 20 percent a year
> earlier"
>
> "The Germans appear to be wary of getting into a monoculture with one type
> of software," Nitot said. "We have also noticed that the number of
> downloads from Germany increases whenever there is an Internet Explorer
> security alert."
>
> "It would never make any economic sense for Microsoft to translate Explorer
> into Basque or Catalan," Nitot said. "We don't even make a decision about
> whether to enter a market - it is our users who decide."

This must be the article that 'nessuno' was referring to this morning (last
night for him). See the second followup to the original post. I also found
that link which have much of this depicted in the form of a map.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
  4:10pm  up 73 days 21:13,  12 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.05, 1.05