Re: 99 Steps Improve Performance of Windows

  • Subject: Re: 99 Steps Improve Performance of Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:39:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 19 July 2006 12:03 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, richardlwilson76@xxxxxxxxx belched out this
> bit o' wisdom:
>
>> 100th tip:
>> Use speeder tool
>> http://www.download.com/Speed-Gear/3000-2121-10290541.html?tag=lst-0-1
>>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Beginners Guides: 99 Performance Tips for Windows XP
>>>
>>> http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1590
>
> How can I get XP's right-click on a local (on disk) file to not give me
> the hourglass when I'm not on my domain, or when the Windows server has
> (yet again) crapped out, without disabling the network card?
>
> Duh-amn!  Time for another sandwich.

No  process should ever lock the remainder of the  prcesses.
Open  another session in one among the (typically 8) virtual
terminals  that  you have available. Escape back to  default
(tty7)  and  see if the network thingie is done.  Oh,  wait.
We're  not talking about GNU/Linux, are we? It's not a  true
multi-user/tasking  O/S  that's you were using at the  time.
Not  to mention serialisation, re-prioritising tasks, remote
tasking,  multi-threading, etc. Every toy ought to the  have
built-in capability to extend into a powerful utility, IMHO.

Best wishes,