Re: 99 Steps Improve Performance of Windows

After takin' a swig o' grog, NoNamer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Nah.  You'd like to think that and spread the FUD, but in reality all
> it takes is to not launch executables from unknown persons.

Like the persons at Microsoft <guffaw>.

> Also, keep automatic updates on, don't mess with the firewall settings
> (i.e. keep it on), and you are good to go.

No way.  Windows updates have fucked up my dual-screen video enough that
I no longer bother with them.

In fact, I've gotten thoroughly tired of XP.

It's the same old bitrot.

> I realize that linux users don't have to worry about this, as hackers
> don't target a system with <1% of the desktop market.

Rave on, dude.

--
   Reboot Microsoft.