Re: NTFS-3G Provides Full Support for NTFS R/W

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

It's  quite  repugnant  how  machines  turn  into   useless,
spineless  relics  (no wonder users complain  about  speed).
This  clogs  up  the network, requires  more  hardware,  and
raises  the  bill  for all of us. Actually, I  am  having  a
discussion about this right now, at uk.legal:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.legal/browse_frm/thread/16650bc13bc4f0b5/f370324a6c7b6c90#f370324a6c7b6c90

Interesting read, but one comment to Alex Heney therein:

If Windwos is /fit for purpose/ why did MS advise for Christmas 2003:

``Microsoft's festive advice: Don't plug our PCs into the Web

``Its slogan is "where do you want to go today?" But Microsoft asks that if you get a Windows computer for Christmas, don't take it to one particular place: the internet.

``At least, the company says, not until you've been to the shops again to buy extra software, and protected the system from the deluge of viruses and worms that target the flaws in Microsoft's software as soon as you take it online.''

[http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2003-December/054204.html]

If Windwos was /fit for purpose/ that would include taking it online *as is*; however, MS themselves advise that you should get /extra/ software to fix flaws in its own OS. Surely this was an admission from MS that Windwos was *NOT* /fit for the purpose/ [of web browsing and email in particular]?