Re: NTFS-3G Provides Full Support for NTFS R/W

__/ [ Ian Hilliard ] on Sunday 16 July 2006 19:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I quoted the irrelevant/unsupportive bit. Look at the article. It is safe
>> to assume that the government is given a back door to one's encrypted
>> filesystem/s. Scoble said it's not true, but what do you know? He ditched
>> Microsoft.
>
> I'm sure the Russian Mafia already have the key for this back door and are
> just waiting for Vista to be widely used so they can start taking 0wn3rship
> of people's computers.

They  already do that with XP (and potentially its  adjacent
predecessor,  Windows  2000). Let me find a recent  incident
that I have in mind...

The first quick search brought up the following:

http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/173600331

It's  not  what  I was looking for, but it  alludes  to  the
conspiring  folks. This so-called "Russian mob" (controlling
a  vast  network  of zombies) recently was involved  in  the
incident  that  I  had thought of. There was  a  tonnage  of
E-mail  being  sent,  as  well  as  DDOS  attacks.  When   a
particular victimised IT company retaliated, the head of the
Russian mob threatened to use larger botnets and made brutal
statements as though it was WWIII and his Windows boxes were
nuclear warheads.

It's  quite  repugnant  how  machines  turn  into   useless,
spineless  relics  (no wonder users complain  about  speed).
This  clogs  up  the network, requires  more  hardware,  and
raises  the  bill  for all of us. Actually, I  am  having  a
discussion about this right now, at uk.legal:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.legal/browse_frm/thread/16650bc13bc4f0b5/f370324a6c7b6c90#f370324a6c7b6c90

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside