Re: [News] C|Net Introduces the LAMP Stack

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 16 July 2006 22:32 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Open-source LAMP a beacon to developers
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>

> http://news.com.com/Open-source+LAMP+a+beacon+to+developers/2100-7344_3-5744767-2.html?tag=st.num
>>
>> I like the lamp stack a lot, /but/, it doesn't provide the clustering,
>> high-availability, or other features which I'd hope to get from
>> a suitable middleware layer.
>
> Well, you can always start a business small with Fedora+LAMP (free of
> charage), then grow and mature towards Red Hat+JBoss.

For sure, it's probably a function of where I'm sitting at the moment.
Were I looking at a startup needing a web window for the world to look
into, and a door through which my customers could come, a counter at
which we could discuss business, and a till through which they could
pay, then I would look no further than LAMP.

Backed up the system lately?