Re: J-F-C Roy, Get a life

On Monday 17 July 2006 16:08 BearItAll wrote:

> JDS wrote:
>
>> If I wanted an RSS feed, I'd subscribe to an RSS feed.  Why the "[News]"
>> flooding? It is nothing more than annoying noise.
>>

> I like some of the posts, particularly the ones that provoke discussion.
> Many others turn up in the Linux online press anyway so many of us would
> see them there.

Well, anybody who doesn't like Roy's posts can surely filter on [News], with
which Roy labels such postings of his?

- if they can and do, there's no complaint?

- if they can't, they need a better newsreader?

- if they can but don't, then presumably they like the posts either for
themselves or for the discussion that some of them generate.... which is
where Roy came in....?

> I must say though Roy that some days you do get a bit carried away. Maybe
> some that are more informative than a discussion point could be grouped
> into a single post. If it turns out that people want to comment on a
> section of a multi-post, they can invoke a subthread on that topic.

Well, surely he could do better than that?
He should bunch together all those that don't get any comment, and keep the
others separate..................;-)

Myself, I love them on two counts.  First, he saves me a whole lot of effort
- I always skim through them - and second, they really piss off the
trolls:-)