Re: J-F-C Roy, Get a life

begin  On 2006-07-17, B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Monday 17 July 2006 16:08 BearItAll wrote:

>> I must say though Roy that some days you do get a bit carried away. Maybe
>> some that are more informative than a discussion point could be grouped
>> into a single post. If it turns out that people want to comment on a
>> section of a multi-post, they can invoke a subthread on that topic.
>
> Well, surely he could do better than that?
> He should bunch together all those that don't get any comment, and keep the
> others separate..................;-)

What a great idea!

Roy, here's how you do it. You post everything as usual. Say, about
1200 GMT would be good. Then around 1400 GMT you take a look at
everything you posted. The ones that get comments can be left as-is.
The rest could be cancelled and reposted as a summary of everything
Sometime after about 1500 GMT the trolls can show up, not read any of
them and just bitch about the ones that received comments, and maybe
offer more suggestions about how you could cut everything down further
so they don't have to be annoyed as much.

This seems like /such/ a winner of an idea! The trolls would be happier
because they'd feel they're a part of the group again (just like the
old days when they posted one-liners and received 4200 posts). Plus
they wouldn't have to get a real newsreader, making them uncomfortable.

After all, we're all here to try to get along with the trolls.

end

Right?

--
It's spelled W-I-N-D-O-W-S. But it's pronounced CRAP.