Re: PR update

__/ [ Stacey ] on Saturday 15 July 2006 02:35 \__

>> __/ [ Paul ] on Friday 14 July 2006 04:07 \__

>> Thanks for the heads-up. Muchly appreciated.
>
> NP
>
> <snip>
>

>> I see no changes in any of my sites. _However_, I did notice a
>> considerable
>> decline in the number of backlinks listed by Google (must have happend 1-3
>> days ago). I tried some other people's Web sites too (those that I keep
>> track of) and they experience the same 'problem'. Googlebot crawling like
>> mad re-addding the page lost due to the SPAM blunder. Traffic rising, but
>> very slowly and still nowhere near what it used to be. Backlinks changes
>> appear to make no impact on PR, yet. Same when it comes to referral
>> traffic.
>> Very erratic Google. Google Images traffic declined moderately.
>
> Yes, a decline of BLs. I don't to much use their word, I usually try and
> find the links in other ways. :-) Images keep strong for me. I suppose
> everyone likes my pics to much! I despise it though, if only they would
> link back and give me something it would be better.:-)

Image searches often make me curious. One often wonders how the surfers /use/
them. Do the surfers immediately 'dive' from the frameset onto the image in
isolation, using the option at the top? Do they read the content that
surrounds the image? Do they perform an image search, open 10 results in
different tabs and then just use everything as a 'selection gallery' (the
greedy way) where some candidates will have their tab closed before a glance
is even taken?

It appears as though many of referrals to images take people to my blog
archives, so I hope that they at least read it and maybe stick around
(bookmark/syndicate). A few people choose to HotLink, which gets flagged not
only in the stats, but also in services such as Technorati (they received
almost 10 million dollars in funding yesterday). This means that this could
actually earn me links. Other people provide attribution in the caption, but
they copy the images rather than HotLink. I don't mind that.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Swap:  1036184k total,   760844k used,   275340k free,   135456k cached